September 1, 2021
Dear participants, spectators, and community members,
We feel a tremendous sense of responsibility toward fulfilling our mission of improving health and wellness in Central Indiana. In doing so, we are excited for the 14th edition of the CNO Financial Indianapolis Monumental Marathon to return – in-person – November 4-6, 2021.
In order to return to in-person events successfully, we have contracted with crowd science experts from Manchester Metropolitan University to truly understand the reasonable capacity of the Monumental Health and Fitness Expo, the start line, various points along each race course, the finish line area, and the post-race celebration area.
Accordingly, we are taking the following precautions and making the following updates and improvements to the event and race experience:
- Reducing the number of participants by 25%
- Limiting the number of vendors and exhibitors in the Monumental Health and Fitness Expo
- Increasing the square footage available per person in the Expo Hall
- Increasing the space in start area corrals available per person
- Increasing the size of the finish line participant area
- Increasing the space available for the finish line post-race celebration area
- Hand washing and hand sanitizing stations will be available in key areas
- Pre-packaged food options will be available
- Limiting the number of contact points throughout the entire event weekend
Additionally, we will continue to work with, closely monitor, and follow the recommendations of the Marion County Health Department (MCHD), the State of Indiana, and the CDC with regard to social distancing guidelines, masking, and additional recommendations as they evolve.
The MCHD is currently recommending that individuals, regardless of vaccination status, wear masks indoors. Following the recommendation of the CDC, we encourage anyone who is eligible to receive a vaccination to do so.
Yours in health, wellness, and safety,
Team Beyond Monumental